Back in 2016 there was a roadmap for a re-design of the whole guest users approach to improve the management of external users in your own cloud tenant that could fulfill requirements such as:
- More control for cloud tenant admins
- Overview of externals (e.g. guest/visitor) who access your cloud tenant
- Possibility to block certain externals/remove access to your cloud tenant
- Gain visibility as to who invited whom, when, and from what company
- Content to be owned by the cloud tenant and not the visitor
- Specify who can create content that can be shared externally
I find several ideas on this platform how to improve some areas (allow externals to follow blog/community, allow files-plugin for externals, mobile access etc.) but I believe a re-design of the whole external features is required. A few requirements can be mitigated with IBM Connections Customized but there are still many things missing.